WE DECLARE A
At the Travel Corporation and our family of brands, we understand that travel is an incredible privilege. Travel has the capacity to build communities, help us teach and grow, and to support critical conservation efforts globally. We also understand that, currently, travel comes at a price, and that our industry’s reliance on carbon intensive activities is simply not sustainable.
In order for communities to continue to benefit from travel & tourism, we must assure their health and protection. While the climate emergency is very real, we know that it’s not too late to take action and change our course, though as the recent IPCC report highlighted, that window is closing. As a founding signatory to the Glasgow Declaration , and signatories to Tourism Declares a Climate Emergency, we are committed to the following actions.
- We understand and accept the current IPCC advice to cut global carbon emissions to 55% below 2017 levels by 2030 to keep the planet within 1.5 degrees of warming.
- We have developed a Climate Action Plan, which includes a further commitment to carbon reduction targets by mid – 2022.
- We commit to transparency on our plans, as well as our impact.
- We will continue to engage our suppliers and encourage their support for our efforts, and commitment to their own.
- We will continue to collaborate with our peers, and support our sector towards progress in addressing the climate crisis, through shared learnings and joint initiatives.
Our first Impact Report published May 2022 details the progress The Travel Corporation’s family of brands has made against our 11 sustainability goals since the launch of our sustainability strategy How We Tread Right in 2020. Learn more >